Who doesn’t love the smell of freshly sauteed garlic? Even if you don’t, you should know that the ingredient is good for more than just garnish. To be more specific, it can be used to improve hair growth. In a time where people are spending more and more money on salon treatments and extensions, this natural ingredient has become a vastly underrated hair growth aid. Garlic as a hair care ingredient has the potential to not only boost hair growth but also stimulate hair regrowth. Here’s how the root vegetable does it:
Benefits Of Garlic For Hair Growth
- Garlic has a high content of minerals like calcium, zinc, and sulfur, which are essential for hair growth
- It is antimicrobial and helps kill germs and bacteria that can cause damage to the scalp and inhibit hair growth
- The selenium content in garlic helps stimulate blood circulation for maximum nourishment
- It helps purify the hair follicles, strengthen them, and prevent clogging, curbing hair loss
- It helps calm aggravated scalp and treats issues such as dandruff
- Raw garlic is highly enriched with Vitamin C, which is great for the health of your hair. It boosts collagen production which helps with hair growth
Now that you know why it works read on to find out how to use it.
How To Use Garlic For Hair Growth
1. Garlic Oil For Hair Growth
You Will Need
- 8 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup Carrier Oil (Olive, Coconut, Castor, etc.)
- 1 Medium Sized Onion (Optional)
- Crush the garlic and onion or throw them in a blender to get a fine pulp.
- Heat the carrier oil in a pan and add the garlic and onion paste to the oil.
- Heat the oil until the pulp starts to turn brown and then turn off the heat.
- Once the oil has cooled, strain it and discard the pulp.
- Take two tablespoons of the oil and start to gently massage your scalp with it.
- After 15 minutes of massaging, cover the length of your hair in the oil and let it sit for an additional 30 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo. Conditioning is optional since the oil acts as a conditioner.
Repeat this three times a week for best results.
Why This Works
The oil massage stimulates the hair follicles in the scalp while improving blood circulation.